March 29, 2022
Several important bills for health freedom are moving through the legislative process as we speak. We have less than 2 months of Missouri’s legislative session to get these bills passed in both houses.
This week is CRITICAL for all of these bills!
Please review the graphic below, then the articles that follow for details on what you can do to help. If you can come to the capitol in person Wed March 30th, please contact IHCM and let us know!
Action Item #1
HB 2009, sponsored by Rep. Suzie Pollock, has been voted out of the rules committee and will now be placed on the Formal Bills for Perfection Calendar where it will compete for valuable floor time with dozens of other bills.
Bills must be taken from the Formal Calendar in the order they were placed there. However, the House leadership can decide to “roll the calendar” and place any number of bills on the Informal Calendar, where they can be chosen for floor debate and passage in any order the Floor Leader (Rep. Dean Plocher) chooses.
Our job at this stage is to convince those in House leadership that HB 2009 should take priority. That’s why we want as many co-sponsors for HB 2009 as we can get — we need to demonstrate that this is a popular bill with both the public and legislators.
As of this writing HB 2009 has 45 co-sponsors, but we want more. We need at least 9 more in order to have more than half of the Republicans in the House supporting this legislation.
ACTION ITEM: Call or email the Republican reps on this list TODAY and ask them to co-sponsor HB 2009.
(If their email and phone numbers are not displayed, click the Show Email and Show Phone buttons.)
Some details to remember about this bill:
HB 2009 would protect parents’ right to determine what and when their children will get vaccines. It does so by addressing three issues:
- Rein in overreach by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS).
- Restore parents’ authority to object to mandated childhood vaccine for religious AND conscientious reasons.
- Protect medical professionals’ right to serve their patients in the patient’s best interest.
For an Executive Summary of the bill, go here:
Also, if you get an opportunity to speak with your rep or if you email them, share the latest facts about the Covid jab for children, like…
– The Florida Surgeon General just recommended NOT vaccinating children and young adults due to heart issues.
– Leana Wen, public health professor at George Washington University and CNN medical analyst described cloth masks as, “little more than facial decorations.”
– The Swedish health agency recently decided NOT to recommend the Covid jab to children ages 5 to 11 citing that the benefits do not outweigh the risk of infection.
Thank you for taking the time to speak with legislators and help us get this important bill across the finish line!
Action Item #2
Certificate of Need
Missouri HB 1616 has been voted out of committee and is ready to go to the House floor. However, we need YOUR help getting it there!
HB 1616 repeals Missouri’s Certificate of Need law, a critical step toward restoring healthy competition among healthcare providers in our state.
PLEASE do this TODAY if you haven’t already. Contact your rep and ask them to support HB 1616! FIND YOUR REP here. https://house.mo.gov/legislatorlookup.aspx
For more information on the legislation IHCM is following, visit our Legislative page here: https://www.ihcm.info/legislative/